Photos taken using phone only for this trip. As my camera is sold and lens was sold to go for this trip 😛 Traveling vs Photography, had to pick travel.
Here is the how the route turned out to be when the trip got completed.
Run up to Day 1: Deciding on the location and the preparation
After confusion between Cambodia or Delhi, decided to go on a solo bike ride to Delhi.
Day 1: Chennai to Hyderabad
Moving northwards, stopped in Hyderabad for my favorite Biryani.
Day 2: Hyderabad to Aurangabad. Difficult road and evening in Aurangabad (Same page along with Day 1)
- Mini Taj
Day 3: Spanner in the plan. Roam in Ellora caves and cut short Aurangabad.
- Ellora caves.
Day 4: Roam in Indore and leave to Udaipur, pit stop in Ujjain
- Lal baag Palace
- Hunting for good Rajastani food
Day 5: Roaming in Udaipur and leave to Jaiput. Pit stop in Ajmer
- Jagdish Mandhir
- Udaipur city palace, one of the best pic of this trip. Very well maintained palace.
- Jag mandhir - Could skip, worth for the city and palace views.
- Ajmer Dharga - Got caught in the cob web of narrow streets.
Day 6: Roam in Jaipur and stay for the day as Taj is closed on Fridays
- Amer fort - Another best pick of this trip. Splendid history and the Muhal connection.
- Nahargarh fort - Has the world's largest canon
- Jaigarh fort
- Jaipur citi palace - Commercial center than a palace to tour.
- Janthar manthar - Wisdom and vision.
- Hawa mahal
- Hunting for Dhal Batti - My new found love.
Day 7: Late start from Jaipur and ride to Agra (Same page along with Day 6)
Day 8: Roam in Agra and ride to Delhi in smog
- Fatehpur sikri - Fell in love with this beautiful place.
- Taj Mahal - Crown jewel of this trip.
- Agra fort - Stands second compared with Fathepur Sikri
- Negotiate for delayed check-out
- India Gate - Destination photo
Day 9a: Roam in Delhi
- Check details regarding bike luggage procedures
- Chandni Chowk - Modern art
- Red fort - More of a city than a fort. Just massive.
- Humayum Tomb
- Qutub minar - Majestic in structure, size and history.
Day 9b and 10: Stuck in a cob web and took 5.5 hours to complete the parcel procedures (must read if you want to avoid the mistakes that I did)
Here are links to the previous Solo Planned Unplanned trips:
Planned Unplanned Trip 1: Start in Thiruchandur and end in Tenkasi.
Planned Unplanned Trip 2: Start and stop in Coimbatore. Surprise till the end.
Planned Unplanned Trip 3: Keep riding west, covering Karnataka and come back to Chennai.
Planned Unplanned Trip 4: Reach Mumbai, plan for to and fro planned on the way.